Blockbusters and Films
Movies and Cinema

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Coming Soon...

2012 was great fun for movies and it looks like we might get the same come 2013.

Here's the Top 5 Movies I'm looking forward to in the coming year:
(In no particular order)

1. The World's End - For me, this film has been a long time coming. After Edgar Wright's absence from the trio that brought us Spaced, Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz we finally have the closing peice of the Corneto Trilogy. A Horror, a Buddy-Cop movie and now a pub crawl. I'm sure (hoping like hell) they will not disappoint.

2. Now You See Me - This film was tailor made for me, we have magicians using "magic" to pull off a fantastic heist. The Prestige meets Leverage? I hope so. Plus, a pretty impressive cast calls in, fronted by the all-grown-up looking Jesse Eisenberg.

3. Star Trek Into Darkness - Very much hoping for as good a fun film as the original. We've got a good cast now joined by the joyful Benedict Cumberbatch and hopefully a nice engaging story (though I'm doing my best not to hear what that is.)

4. Les Miserables - I know nothing of this film, but I know it is a classic novel, so just looking forward to learning the story.

5. Zero Dark Thirty - A ten year hunt for the most wanted criminal (possibly of all time) who orchestrated the killings of hundreds of Americans ended in his death last year. I'm actually surprised it took this long for the film to come out. I really want it to be interesting, and I really want it to be good.

Other than that there is a list of films that I simply can't wait for. In hope, here's my list.

The Impossible, Gangster Squad, Django Unchained, The Sessions, Lincoln, Bullet In The Head, Warm Heart, Hitchcock, A Good Day To Die Hard, Cloud Atlas, Carrie (remake), Evil Dead (remake), The Great Gatsby, Man of Steel, Kick Ass 2, The Wolverine, White House Down, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.

Hopefully this year will see as many of these films as possible reviewed in full on the blog. All in all, I'm sure some will be better than others, but hey, with that selection there ought be some great trips to the cinema in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment