Blockbusters and Films
Movies and Cinema

Thursday 2 May 2013

Rewrite and Restructure

It's been a while. Too long, in fact.

I'm finding the fact that I've written very little for this blog a horrible perpetual motion machine of annoyance. As much as I've love writing here, University deadlines, exams and a drying up of funds has lead to less cinema trips (and more DVD watching). Even more unfortunate is the fact that this all has resulted in an apathy for review writing because the blog looks so bare!

In solution to this suck-y state of affairs, I'm gonna change the mission statement of the blog. Where, originally, my intent was to give reviews of what was on at the cinema, what I'd recommend people see and what to stay away from, I think an all purpose cinema blog would be far easier to run.
The plan now is to have three different types of posts; to continue the "what's on at the cinema" section; to begin a "what I've been watching"  review section; and to have a space where I can voice general thoughts, opinions and ideas about movie related happenings going on around me. I hope there are still people interested enough to keep up looking through the posts and keeping up to date with everything new coming along. In an ideal world, this new system (and the five month holiday I find myself at the beginning of) will lead to a minimum of one review/update a week. If that works out well, and there are still people showing interesting, I'll endeavor to keep it on a more regular schedule when I return to Uni in September. 

Also, it has been pointed out to me, I'm not running the greatest looking site on the internet. Although, I am not the most artful person in the world, I'd love to have someone who knows how themes and blogs work to help me out if they have the time, and make the blog look better! Throw me and e-mail, or get me on Facebook if you wish to be my kind-hearted savior.

Thank you for your patience those who have come back to the blog to read this!

No comments:

Post a Comment